Sunday, November 2, 2008

And The Mom of the Day Award Goes To...

ME!! ME!! and ME!!

I am taking this honor from my friend Sarah to whom it was awarded for making her kids spaghetti for breakfast one morning...read about it here. What did I do to deserve this recognition?

Well, thanks to the lovely time change, instead of my kids getting up at 6:30am they were ALL bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at, you guessed it:

5:30am

I have already been awake for 3.25 hours this morning, served breakfast, cleaned up play dough and laid Roman back down for his "afternoon" nap.

Bring it on.

8 comments:

Andee said...

Sorry Marie. I hate to say that Avery slept in on Saturday until 9:30! She's had a few late nights though. It's not fun that they get up so early now, but maybe they are establishing a good habbit that will come in handy later.

Janssen said...

Wow, that is very very early.

Chelsea said...

We had the same type of problem with our puppy this morning. Try explaining to a puppy that it really isn't time for breakfast yet.....yeah right!!!! I feel for you though, I had my husband to take him out!!!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Awesome! Good luck with that.

Sarah said...

I'm am sad to lose my award..but I guess I'll give it up. Gauranteed I will do something to win it back! :) Some people's kids! what is wrong with them! You need a lock on your bedroom door. Maybe that will work better than all the other stuff you have tried. I will take a nap for you! haha

Sarah said...

Both of the babies are getting molars....does that help any? I'm ready to pull out my hair

Amber Baker said...

Hey, just wait till their older, I get up at around 5:30am every morning, and every morning I still wonder "Why am I getting up at 5:30am, and when is the next day I can sleep in--or get back in bed for the day?"

Lindsay Edward said...

Oh wow. You do deserve that award! 5:30. I cannot even imagine!