Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm a big kid now!

No more cribs for #3! Behold his "big boy bed" - now, I know it's a little ghetto. We don't have a bed frame or anything yet, but when an idea starts nagging at me, I've just gotta do it. This time we weren't fully prepared, but he doesn't seem to mind. Plus, there is less distance from the bed to the floor without a frame...

He is very proud of this bed, especially since he can get in and out by himself. Everytime he gets up, he runs to our room yelling, "I'm awake, #3's awake!!" Such a funny kid. I'm sure half of you are thinking he needs a haircut. It's not really as long as it looks in the picture...and hey, I don't have any girls, so what if one of my boys has wavy locks... :)

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

That's actually a great idea! Definitely less distance to the floor! Everyone should do that!

Andee said...

I like boys with long hair! I wish I could convince my boys to grow theirs out again!!! I like the big boy bed. He is such a cutie!

Sarah said...

so fun! I have a bed frame you can have if you want it. Call me

Lindsay Edward said...

I think the lack of bed frame is great! That way if he decides to have an especially maniacal session of "monkeys jumping on the bed" he won't have far to fall! As far as his hair goes, I love it! He is too cute.

Carolee said...

I want to know who gets down and does those hospital corners? The advantage seems to be...say prayers, roll into bed! I like it.

Angie said...

How cute! I like them close to the ground for a while too...They don't care, lol.

Ostler said...

His hair is adorable! I wouldn't touch it!

Burdick Family said...

He is too cute! As are all of your boys! I love the bedding! Cute!

Unknown said...

Wow Roman, I love your new bed. I can tell from your big bright eyes you are loving it too. Great for Grandma to come read you a good night story. See you'all soon. G&G in Florida