Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Need Some Help


Okay you crazy, fanatical shoppers out there (don't hang your head in shame, I know who you are).  I need your opinion:

What type of sale would make you more prone to rush to a store because you couldn't bear to miss it??

A.  Take 20% off your ENTIRE order!

or

B. Buy One Item, Get Second 1/2 Off!

I'm serious, I want your feedback.  I want to know what gets you shakin' in your boots!  Post a comment and let me know.

11 comments:

Lindsay Edward said...

Ok, you got me. I don't know what it is about the "BOGO" thing that gets me so excited! That's always a winner in my book.

Merrick said...

I think taking 20% off the entire order sounds like a better deal to me. It probably isn't in the long run, but in my mind it sounds better. For me, BOGO forces me to buy 2 things, and buying one thing usually makes me feel less guilty than buying two things.

Jane said...

I think since you sell pieces that coordinate with others--bracelet with matching earrings, for example--the BOGO is more attractive. Especially since with your party at Stephanie's you give half off the more expensive item :P

Angie said...

Buy one get one 1/2 off...

Ashley and Dave said...

B.

Andee said...

The buy one item get the more expensive item half off is an insane deal!!! Plus you could come away with a set instead of one piece for around the same price or even less!!!

Andee said...

I can see how 20% strait across the board could be a nice selling point too. Everyone loves a deal like 20% off weather you get one piece or 5. OK, I'm not helping here am I? :)

Sarah said...

i like the bff discount! :) hahaha

Carolee said...

COMMON MISCONCEPTION: at NO point did you say "take 1/2 off the MOST expensive item". People see or hear what they want too. It NEVER works that way in retail. You always take 1/2 off the item of lesser value. Therefore, overall the 20% off is a better deal because you may want a necklace, bracelet, and earrings and will only get 1/2 off the earrings...see where this is going. Retail give "BOGO" as a loss leader because it limits what the consumer can get and/or makes a person buy two items to get a discount. It's a shell game. But in your situation I would do the BOGO. It at least moves 2 items:)

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

BOGO!!!!

Chelsea said...

Yeah me too! I rarely buy enough that the 20% off would be more profitable than 1/2 off the second item.