Not quite. But it's the next best thing...
Pumpkin Pancakes
{with melt-in-your-mouth, homemade buttermilk syrup}
Pancakes:
2 eggs
1 1/4 C buttermilk (or sour cream)
4 T melted butter
5 T pumpkin
1/4 C sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 C flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
Mix all ingredients and cook on griddle. My mouth is watering just typing this...
Buttermilk Syrup
1 stick butter
1 C sugar
1/2 C buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
Boil butter, sugar and buttermilk. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and baking soda. Stir
until combined. Pour over hot pancakes.
Eat leftover syrup directly from pan with a spoon. And if you eat nothing else for the rest
of the day, you just might stay within your allotted calorie range.

4 comments:
That sounds so good. I am definitely going to try it.
I LOVE buttermilk syrup, although we put coconut extract in it instead of vanilla (and also, I do about 2 TBS of butter because otherwise I can't stomach it - it's so greasy!)
I'll have to try that pancake recipe. Yum!
yummy!! let's see...
butter, yes
syrup, yes
pumpkin, yes
Sounds good. I'll give it a go.
I miss having kids around for the holidays - I loved doing fun food for the different seasons! (Uncle Dave's a bit of a humbug and just rolls his eyes - kind of takes the zing out of the effort.) It's fun to see all the fun things you do for your cute kids :)
Post a Comment