Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Tree

Wow, it's been awhile since I posted. Still here, still pregnant. I have an induction scheduled for July 11th. In some ways three weeks feel like an eternity (like when trying, unsuccessfully, to sleep at night) and in others I'm feeling the time crunch. So, I decided to tackle the baby's room this week...

I've been looking around for a vinyl cutout of a tree for the wall behind the crib. After scouring Etsy and seeing the prices for the size/style I wanted, I started to rethink my idea. What can I say, I'm a cheapskate. But I still really wanted one...that's when the wheels started turning and I decided to paint my own. I know, it's crazy. I am NOT an artist and have no painting or drawing skills, but I had a pencil and the paint, so I went to town.

The room still isn't entirely finished, but the wall mural is. I'm sure the vinyl would have looked better, but this cost me a whopping $2.99 (had to buy a paint brush) and it's filled with love. :) Another item checked off my list!



10 comments:

Janssen said...

Looks DARLING! Good luck in the last few weeks!

Angie said...

Oh wow! You could have fooled me! That is SO dang awesome...I can't wait have some walls to paint on, lol. LOVE it! So excited for you and hope everything goes well...

Carolee said...

your talent never ends. super cute and like you said, from the heart. i love it:)

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Holy crap. That looks amazing. I am totally impressed. Good job, you cheapskate.

Loftus' said...

Way cute - and it's hand-done, so it will be more appreciated. Good luck the next few weeks!!

Candace said...

Wow! That's super cute! I can't believe you drew and painted that yourself! Great job! I never would have guessed. I am impressed!

Miriam said...

That is beautiful, Marie!

Carole said...

This is lovely! I hadn't checked your blog for a long time (you also hadn't posted for a long time. . . :) and it was fun to see these darling photos! Only 10 days to go!!

Jennifer said...

Hand made specialness is the best gift a mom can give! I'm sure she will feel cozy and safe every time she looks at her tree, with it's cheerful little family of birds watching over her. I love it! Good luck with the delivery...I can't wait to meet her!

Amber Baker said...

Freak! That is so cute! Thinking of you. Amelia was born on July 8, so I totally feel your pain!