Thursday, December 4, 2008

Our Karate Kid

#1 has been taking Taekwondo for a few months now. A couple weeks ago he had his first advancement. No longer just a white belt, he is now a "senior" white belt. Apparently it's a big difference... what do I know?? He LOVES taking Taekwondo and enjoys coming home and using his newly mastered moves on Dad - and anyone else within a two room vicinity.

But, let's get real for a minute. Did our kids really ever have a chance? Anyone who knows Bryan knows he's a black belt and supposedly a legend in his day (that's what I hear at least, the stories get better every time). These poor boys have been brainwashed since birth with Kung Fu movies, swords, nunchuks... Daddy/Son playtime looks more like mock karate scenes. Even #3 can throw a punch and grapple with the best of them.

Being the only member of this household who does not have testosterone pumping through their veins, it's hard to relate sometimes (I've mastered the "duck and cover" technique quite well). I just hope I (and my house) live through it.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

WOOHOO congrats Isaac! What a great achievement!!

And Marie I love what your doing with the blog! Look at you go girl! :D

Andee said...

Way to go Isaac! Yes, the legends are TRUE...and somewhere we have the video to prove it! If they are anything like Bryan, they are all naturals! Love the blog!

Merrick said...

Ha! "I've mastered the "duck and cover" technique quite well"....you crack me up.

Sarah said...

Can you teach the "duck and cover" to Sawyer? :) haha

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Kenneth is always asking when I am going to Taekwondo. Try never. Maybe you would love it. You should totally do it.